Diagnosed with a rare abdominal disease that caused large masses in her abdomen, Lauren was told she may never have biological children. After exploring all of her options, she embarked on the path to motherhood with her husband. While on maternity leave, Lauren Makler, CEO, Co-Fertility Founder decided and felt a new passion for reproductive health care, which led to the creation of CoFertility.
*Lauren states: "At its core, egg donation is someone doing something good and providing a life-altering opportunity for a family." "This stigma is a problem on multiple fronts. It discourages women from helping a family grow when that might be something they want to do. It leaves intended parents without options, and it especially hurts the LGBTQ community that needs to rely on egg donation for family planning."-Lauren Mackler on fastcompany.com
We'll be discussing:
- The stigma of donor conceived persons and donors.
- How CoFertility is A more thoughtful, human-centered matching, education, and communication platform for families in need of egg donation.
- How Freeze by Co Empowers women to take control of their fertility timelines by making egg freezing more accessible. Our Split program enables them to freeze for free when they donate half of the eggs retrieved to a family who can't conceive.
- Family by Co: A more thoughtful, human-centered matching, education, and communication platform for families in need of egg donation.
- Laurens's Fertility Struggles.
- What inspired parent company CoFertility?
- A more human approach leads to better egg donor and intended family match success, was this discovered during your research to build the new initiatives?
- 00:25:00- Article written By Amber Ferguson, reporter/video editor of The Washington Post: Shortage of Black sperm donors in America.
Submit your story to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to record and end the stigma surrounding infertility. Connect with me on Instagram & watch on YouTube
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/infertility-and-me/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy