Dr. Christian Jarrett joins me on the show to discuss the science of personality change and to what extent we can deliberately modify our own personality.
- What is personality, exactly?
- The Big 5 Theory of Personality
- What makes a personality theory valid?
- How writing a book changed how Christian sees personality
- What are the mechanisms of significant personality shifts?
- Personality adaptability
- Are certain personality traits good or bad? Healthy or pathological?
- The most underrated principle for effective personality change
- Are we really the average of the five people we spend the most time around?
- The Michelangelo Effect
- Order effects in personality change: Inside out or outside in?
Learn more about Christian and his work here:
Get New Episodes First
Learn more about the Minds & Mics podcast here, including how to subscribe and get all my newest episodes as soon as they’re released.