Jaime Bott is a partner at Sequoia Capital, managing their Talent Advisory function. She leads a talent team of 14 who help Sequoia's portfolio companies hire amazing talent, assemble a recruiting function, and build a board. Since Jaime started at Sequoia in 2010, talent evolved into an essential function for VC firms. 10 years ago there were less than 5 people in the Bay Area working for venture firms in a talent function; now there are at least 280 venture talent partners around the world.
In this episode, Jaime shares her expansive startup talent expertise, touching on important topics like:
- How to create and run functional boards
- Driving diversity with recruitment
- Common recruitment mistakes
- How to build an in-house recruitment function
- Tools, systems, and software for working in talent
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.